Car Accident Legal FAQs

Injury and Accident Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Nearby Missouri, Fairview Heights, and Nearby Illinois

Should I see a doctor after a car accident?

Absolutely. Many times, the injuries that result from an auto accident lay dormant for months, without causing any problems. However, if you delay the diagnosis of your auto accident injuries, it can severely affect the outcome of your auto accident claim.

What can I do if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

There are a few different options that you have if the other driver involved in your auto accident does not have auto insurance. You may be able to recover compensation for your losses from your own insurance company, or you can file a personal injury claim against the driver of the other car instead of their insurance company.

The best way to find out what course of action you should take to recover your compensation is to contact a Brown & Brown auto accident attorney. Our auto accident attorneys will help you recover the compensation you deserve.

What do I do if the auto accident was partly my fault?

If you are involved in an auto accident that you are partially liable for, then you may still be able to recover compensation for your losses. Depending on what state the auto accident occurred in, you might be able to show through comparative negligence that the other driver is responsible for a percent of the auto accident.

Depending on how much the other driver is liable, and the type of comparative negligence applicable in your state, you may be able to recover the proportion of compensation for which they are responsible. This means that if the other driver is 70% responsible for the auto accident, then you will be able to recover 70% of your losses from them.

An insurance adjuster has asked to meet with me; what should I say?

Insurance adjusters work for the insurance company to save them as much money as possible. To do this, the insurance adjuster may try to make you admit that the auto accident is part or completely your fault. They may also try to make you admit that your injuries are not that severe, or that the auto accident was not that bad.

When speaking to an insurance adjuster, you should never make any admission of guilt, or make any statements about the results of the accidents. The best thing you can do when speaking to an insurance adjuster about your auto accident, is to have an experienced auto accident attorney present.

Can’t I handle my auto accident claim myself?

Auto accident claims can be very difficult to handle, and many times insurance companies will try to use pressure tactics to prevent you from recovering the compensation you deserve. While some people may choose to handle their auto accident claim alone, those that choose to hire a Brown & Brown auto accident attorney almost always recover more compensation than they would have alone.

Learn more about car accident claims in our blog

Our auto accident attorneys have years of experience sorting through medical bills, speaking with insurance companies, and helping auto accident victims. If you are seriously injured anywhere in Missouri just dial 3s: 314-333-3333 or 573-333-3333. In Illinois, just dial 8’s: 618-888-8888.