Injury and Accident Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Nearby Missouri, and Nearby Illinois
Following a dog bite injury, the first steps injured people should take are to file an official report with the local authorities (whether that be the local police, sheriffs or animal control) and seek the appropriate medical attention they need so that they don’t develop any serious complications. Once injuries have been treated, it will then be crucial to seek out the assistance of an experienced dog bite lawyer.
When you visit us for a free consultation, the dog bite lawyers at Brown & Brown, LLP will:
- Thoroughly review the facts of the case
- Determine whether injured individuals have a dog bite injury case against a dog owner
- Evaluate the appropriate amount of compensation to seek in a dog bite injury lawsuit
- Help injured parties get their cases started at no upfront cost to them.
Although dog bite victims may be inclined to settle their cases with the dog owners or insurance companies as soon as possible, doing so could prevent them from being able to secure maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses. For example, a settlement may not take into account the costs of future complications or medical treatments that a dog injury victim may develop or need.
At Brown & Brown, our lawyers have a proven track record of successfully handling various types of dog bite cases, including those that involve:
- No history of the dog previously attacking other people
- Serious injuries, scarring, disfigurement and/or permanent disabilities
- Victims that are children or babies
- Dogs attacking other dogs
- Police dog attacks
- Fatal dog attacks