As a follow up to Underride Truck Accidents (Part 1), here is some further information regarding underride truck accidents. While Part 1 of this blog laid out some of the causes of underride truck accidents, here in Part 2, we will provide some additional causes of these serious truck accidents, as well as explain some of the types of injuries and damage that can result from underride truck accidents.
Additional causes of underride truck accidents can include:
- Tire blowouts, which could cause drivers of passenger vehicles to lose control of their cars and, in turn for the cars to get lodged beneath trucks
- Truck drivers’ failure to obey traffic laws by, for example, changing lanes without using indicators or running red lights, both of which could result in passenger vehicles becoming trapped beneath trucks
- Icy or slick roadways.
Underride Truck Accident Injuries
While many underride truck accidents are fatal, when accident victims do survive, some of the specific types of injuries they often sustain include (but are not limited to):
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Loss of limb(s)
- Severe bruising and lacerations
- Internal bleeding and organ damage (particularly if they are impaled by debris from the accident).
St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in an underride truck accident, contact the St. Louis truck accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law. We have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in various areas of personal injury litigation, including truck accident lawsuits. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases. For a free initial consult, email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at 573-333-3333 for our Missouri office or at 618-888-8888 for our Illinois office.