Injury and Accident Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Nearby Missouri, and Nearby Illinois
The truck accident lawyers at Brown & Brown are experienced at securing the maximum compensation for those injured in accidents caused by tire blowouts and defective tires.
Tire blowouts cause nearly 80,000 traffic accidents each year in the U.S. These accidents result in more than 10,000 serious injuries and upwards of 400 car accident fatalities annually, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Tire blowouts, which can be caused by defective tires or failure to properly maintain tires, are an especially dangerous type of vehicle equipment failure, as they increase the likelihood that:
- A driver will lose control of his vehicle.
- The vehicle with the tire blowout will crash into other cars on the road and/or a roadway median.
Causes of Tire Blowouts
Some of the specific factors that can cause tires to blowout and increase the chances that a serious car accident will occur include:
- Poorly maintained roadways that have, for example, potholes and/or missing manhole covers
- Roadway debris that can puncture tires
- Excessive weight being placed on the tires due to, for example, vehicles being overloaded
- Failure to properly maintain tires by, for example, not monitoring or adjusting the air pressure in tires
- Defectively designed tires that are more susceptible to tire separation (which may also be referred to as detreading).
When the negligence of any other entity has caused a tire blowout accident, victims will be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses by pursuing a truck accident lawsuit.