After being in an accident or part of any event that results in a personal injury, you will likely be left feeling physically, emotionally and mentally devastated, as you are left battling:
- Health complications that may result in long-term or permanent disabilities
- Psychological distress when facing your new physical limitations
- Financial setbacks, as you may be unable to work for some time and are now having to pay for expensive medical care and treatments.
While these circumstances can seem grim, it’s important for those with personal injuries to remember that they have rights and that, by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent parties responsible for their injuries, they can secure compensation for their injuries and losses.
If you have sustained a personal injury and are considering filing a lawsuit, here’s what you can expect in terms of the lawsuit process:
- Meeting with a personal injury lawyer for an initial consult is the first step to getting your case started: Before you can file a personal injury lawsuit, you will need to meet with an experienced lawyer, who can evaluate your case and help you get all of the necessary documents and evidence in order. As part of the assessment, the attorney will likely want to know as many details about the accident or event as possible.
- Next, your lawyer will file an official complaint with the court: After reviewing the details of your case and determining whether you have a viable claim, your attorney will file official documents with the court to formally initiate your lawsuit. These documents will spell out your grievance and specifically name the defendant(s) in the case.
For additional information regarding what you can expect from the personal injury lawsuit process, check out the upcoming Part 2 of this blog.
St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered any type of personal injury that was caused by another party’s negligence or recklessness, contact the St. Louis personal injury lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law. We have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in various areas of personal injury litigation. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases. Additionally, one of our primary goals is to help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses so they can focus on their recovery and moving on with their lives. For a free initial consult, email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at 573-333-3333 for our Missouri office or at 618-888-8888 for our Illinois office.