Posted: November 10, 2013
Lincoln county law enforcement officials are still investigating what could have caused two semi-trucks to get into a rollover accident that caused a load of corn to spill all over Highway 61. According to the initial findings of the police investigation, the truck accident took place on the afternoon of Friday November 8 on the northbound side of Highway 61 around Moscow Mills. While authorities have said that no one was killed in this accident, they have not made any public statements regarding the possible causes of this accident.
However, when such truck accidents occur, some of the possible causes may include (but are not limited to):
- One (or both) of the drivers being intoxicated with drugs and/or alcohol
- One (or both) of the drivers being fatigued, which can be as dangerous as drunk driving
- One (or both) of the drivers being inexperienced or improperly trained on how to operate a semi (This could even include one driver not having a valid commercial driver’s license.)
- One (or both) of the drivers being distracted immediately prior to the accident
- One (or both) of the trucks being improperly or overloaded
- The loads on one (or both) of the trucks not being properly secured
- Some animal or large debris being in the roadway (which may have caused one of the drivers to swerve to avoid the object in the road and, in turn, caused the accident)
- Some piece of equipment on one or both of the trucks failing to work properly (In these cases, the brakes, tires and steering may be to blame for an accident).
If police ultimately determine that some type of negligence was to blame for this truck accident, anyone who may have been injured in the collision:
- Will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries, medical bills and mental anguish
- Can obtain said compensation by filing a truck accident lawsuit against the negligent party.
St. Louis Truck Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a truck accident that may have been caused by another party’s negligence, contact the St. Louis truck accident lawyers at Brown & Brown Attorneys at Law. We have a long-standing commitment to serving our clients, and we are experienced at aggressively defending our clients’ rights in any legal setting. Our goal is to preserve and promote the rights and welfare of individuals and families who have suffered injuries and losses and/or who need help navigating through the complexities of the court system.
Since 1993, our lawyers have been successfully representing our clients in various areas of personal injury litigation, including truck accident lawsuits. Our unwavering dedication to the pursuit of justice in every case we handle means that we will work relentlessly to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes to their cases. One of our primary goals is to help accident victims secure the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and losses so they can focus on their recovery and moving on with their lives.
For a free initial consult, email us using the form at the right-hand side of the screen and/or to call us at 573-333-3333 for our Missouri office or at 618-888-8888 for our Illinois office.