The accident lawyers at Brown & Brown, LLP are experienced at securing the maximum compensation for those injured in car accidents caused by intoxicated drivers. While being involved in any traffic accident can be emotionally, physically and financially ruinous, accidents caused by drunk or intoxicated drivers can be especially devastating on an emotional level due to the fact that they could have been prevented if not for the reckless decisions of another driver.
When a DUI accident occurs, injured parties can file a car accident lawsuit against the drunk or drugged driver in an effort to obtain compensation for their:
- Medical bills and injuries
- Lost wages, should their injuries prevent them from working
- Property damage and car repair bills
- Mental anguish.
It’s also important to note that:
- Drivers under the influence of prescription and/or over-the-counter medications can be held liable for victims’ injuries both in criminal and civil court just as they would be for taking illegal drugs and/or drinking excessive amounts of alcohol prior to driving
- In some cases, drunk driving accident victims may be able to also hold the restaurant, bar or other establishment that served the drunk driver alcohol prior to the accident liable in court for additional compensation (according to Missouri Dram Shop Laws)
Building a DUI Accident Lawsuit
Some of the factors that our experienced lawyers will use to build a strong lawsuit pursuing obtain the maximum possible compensation include (but are not limited to):
- Police reports
- Results of blood tests and/or breathalyzer tests (that report the at-fault driver’s blood alcohol content at the time of the accident)
- Witness statements
- Insurance company reports
- The other driver’s criminal record (particularly if that driver has prior DUI convictions)
Discuss the details of your case at a free consultation with our attorneys. Brown & Brown has offices in St. Louis (dial the 3s: 314-333-3333 or 573-333-3333) and in Illinois (dial the 8s: 618-888-8888).