Injury and Accident Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Nearby Missouri, and Nearby Illinois
Although most traffic accidents are caused by some type of driver error, in some cases dangerous highway and road conditions can result in serious and potentially deadly motor vehicle accidents. Some of the specific factors that can contribute to dangerous highways and roadways include (but are not limited to):
- Poor lighting at night
- Lack of signage or signals
- Obscured signage and/or broken signals
- Lack of guard rails (particularly on curvy or elevated roadways)
- Poorly set up construction zone areas (due to, for example, poorly marked detour routes, lack of signage and/or construction equipment in the roadways)
- Poorly maintained roadways (While this can involve potholes or fading lane markers on the road, it may also refer to objects, such as accident debris or animal carcasses being left in the road)
In such cases, the party who is responsible for maintaining the highway or roadway can be held liable for a driver’s injuries, property damage and other losses through a car accident lawsuit. Depending on the specific circumstances of the accident, the liable party (i.e. the defendant in the car accident lawsuit) could be:
- The city or county
- The engineer or construction company doing work on the roadway
- The private community or association that owns the roadway.
If you were involved in a car accident caused by poor road conditions or maintenance, speak to an attorney at Brown & Brown, LLP for free by calling us at the 3s (St. Louis: 314-333-3333 / 573-333-3333) or the 8s (Illinois: 618-888-8888). We serve clients throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois.