Injury and Accident Attorneys Serving St. Louis, Nearby Missouri, and Nearby Illinois
Accidents that involve collisions between trucks and cars can have devastating consequences, particularly to the occupants of the passenger vehicle. Semi trucks – the largest of which can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded – only have to be going at very slow speeds to cause serious damage and injuries.
What can make matters worse is the fact that occupants of passenger vehicles may be at the level of a larger truck’s bumper or grill, which could render vehicle safety features like seatbelts and airbags useless in the event of a serious car versus truck accident. Other factors that can worsen car versus truck accidents and, as a result, increase the potential that serious, life-threatening injuries will occur include (but are not limited to):
- The accident involving a head-on collision
- Trucks being fully loaded or overloaded
- Truck drivers driving at high or excessive speeds prior to the impact
- Cars being at a standstill when they are hit by trucks
- The accident occurring on a bridge or elevated roadway that increases the potential for a vehicle to fall off the side of the roadway
In the event that you are involved in a car versus truck accident that was caused by any of the following individuals or parties, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, property damage, lost wages and mental anguish:
- A truck driver whose error caused the accident
- Another motorist on the road whose recklessness played a role in causing the accident
- A trucking company that failed to properly maintain the truck involved in the accident.
- A vehicle equipment manufacturer that is responsible for placing faulty equipment in a car or truck.
Our experienced truck accident attorneys serve clients throughout the St. Louis area of Missouri, as well as Illinois in Illinois. Call today for your free consultation: