When insurance companies act in bad faith, they not only violate the contracts that policyholders have with them, but they also violate the public’s trust. Acts of insurance bad faith can come in various forms, some of which may include:
- Denials of legitimate claims against active policies
- Post-claims underwriting (the cancelation of an insurance policy when a claim is made against it because an insurer is claiming that the original paperwork misrepresented the insured individual’s condition or property)
- Significantly undercutting the amount of a payment for an insurance claim
- Significantly delaying payment on a legitimate claim (as the insurance company is obligated to address and payout on claims in a timely manner).
At Brown & Brown, LLP, our insurance bad faith lawyers understand how insurance companies may try to avoid paying legitimate claims in an effort to preserve their own profits at the expense of policyholders. We have a proven track record of successfully handling various types of insurance bad faith cases, including those that involve:
- Casualty Insurance Bad Faith
- Commercial General Liability Policies
- Delayed Payment Claims
- Fire Loss Claims
- Health Insurance Bad Faith
- Homeowners Insurance Claims
- Life Insurance Claims
- Disability Insurance
Contact Brown & Brown Today
During your free consultation, our knowledgeable attorneys will closely evaluate the details of your case. You may be eligible for punitive damages and other compensation.
Find out how Brown & Brown can help with your insurance dispute. Call us at the 3s for help in St. Louis and nearby Missouri areas: 314-333-3333 or 573-333-3333. If you live in or around Fairview Heights, Illinois, dial us at the 8s: 618-888-8888.